这几年,在职场上的性别歧视问题一直备受关注,尽管越来越多人认可女性的职业竞争力,但是女性在职场仍然面临着各种不公平的待遇,下面小编为大家整理的性别歧视的英语对话,希望对大家有用!
性别歧视的英语对话
Amanda: You look unhappy, what happened to you?
阿曼达:你看上去不高兴,怎么了?
Rachael: I just had a quarrel with my boss.
瑞秋:我刚刚和老板争论了一番。
Amanda: What’s the matter?
阿曼达:怎么回事?
Rachael: Because I have been denied a chance to go abroad for a training course.
瑞秋:因为我被剥夺了一次去国外进修的机会。
Amanda: Really? Are you a qualified candidate?
阿曼达:真的吗?你是合格的人选吗?
Rachael: Well, by qualification I am the ideal choice--a college degree, a working knowledge of English.
瑞秋:哎,论资格我是最合适的人选――本科毕业,能应用英语。
Amanda: So, what’s the final choice then?
阿曼达:那最后选谁了?
Rachael: The final choice fell on a young man inferior to me in every respect. So, I’m very upset and want to know why.
瑞秋:最后被选上的是一个各方面都不如我的男青年,所以我心里很难受并且想知道为什么会是这样。
Amanda: What did your boss explain?
阿曼达:你的老板是怎么解释的?
Rachael: He said that they did think of sending me but decided against it, just because I’m a girl.
瑞秋:他说确实想派我去,但是又否定了原来的决定,就是因为我是个女的。
Amanda: Why couldn’t a girl go abroad?
阿曼达:为什么女孩子就不能出国呢?
Rachael: My boss just said it couldn’t be convenient for a girl to be on here own in a foreign country as there was only one vacancy.
瑞秋:老板说因为只有一个名额,而一个女孩子单独在外是很不方便的。
Amanda: The gender discrimination commonly exists everywhere.
阿曼达:任何地方都存在性别歧视。
Rachael: That’s unfair.
瑞秋:这不公平。
Amanda: But we cannot change it in the short term. Maybe gender equality can be realized some day in the future.
阿曼达:但是我们在短时间内也不能改变这一现象。或许在未来某一时间性别平等能够实现。
Rachael: I really hope so.
瑞秋:我真希望如此。
广州勤学教育信息技术有限公司©版权所有 粤ICP备10236336号-4更新时间:2022-11-03